Monday, March 12, 2012

Singapore...lah!

Singapore...one of the most sophisticated countries in South East Asia. Since it's located very close to Indonesia, going to Singapore is probably similar to going to another island in Indonesia. Many people go there just to go shopping...or even going to see a concert.

This year, I finally got the chance to see why Singapore is one of the most favorite tourist attractions for Indonesian people. The blend of different cultures is great, the city planning is wonderful, and the public transportation is terrific! And what is more fun, you don't get lost easily in Singapore. The Mass Rapid Transportation (MRT), which comes every 5 minutes, covers almost all parts of the city. You just need to find a map of MRT and you will easily be able to plan your journey, no matter how bad you read a map.

Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for the people. I am not amazed with people's attitude in Singapore. They tend to always be in a hurry and ignorant. But fortunately, it is not a shock for me since I'm already familiar with people's attitude in Jakarta.

But still, I understand why Singapore is one of the most favorite places for Indonesian people. It is a modern yet relaxing city, and for people who like shopping, it is probably the best place to go (I wouldn't know, I didn't shop a lot in Singapore).


Clockwise: Marina Bay Sands, Orchard Road, The Merlion & a wafer ice cream 

No comments:

Post a Comment