Sunday, April 29, 2012

Wake up and smell the coffee

I am not addicted to coffee. But it's hard to deny that I often look for a cup of coffee after waking up in the morning. So what is that make me? Just a big fan of coffee?

Merlo refillable coffee mug
Anyway, usually one cup of instant coffee is enough for me. But when I lived in Australia, it is so easy to find a coffeeshop, which of course increased my craving for coffee. There are Merlo Coffee, Lavazza, Di Bella Coffee, Coffee Club, Gloria Jean's, and of course Starbuck. Not to mention small coffee stalls which you can easily find in every buildings and corners in Australian cities. My favourite...is Merlo. Why? Simply because there are lots of Merlo Coffee in every place you go (one is located in one of UQ's library building where I spent most of my time), they serve good coffee, and because they have this refillable coffee mug (this mug is called Keep Cup and you can pick the colours for your cup if you buy on their website). If you bring your own mug to Merlo, you'll get a discount. And trust me, I think I'm more addicted to the mug than the coffee. I have 5 of these in different colours and different bands!

Since I'm not a coffee addict and my knowledge of coffee is very basic, I mainly order Cappuccino. Sometimes I would go adventurous and order Flat White, Macchiato, or Cafe Latte. I had difficulties in understanding which variation has more coffee or milk (and I still do). But all coffeeshops tend to have the same menu, so at least it's easier to memorise the coffee variations. I also find this interesting article which might help you to order a cup of coffee in Australia.

The price for a cup of coffee is approximately $3 to $4. And it goes for almost all coffee stalls and coffeeshops. I think it's kind of cheap, don't you think? I know if you convert the AUD to IDR, it would cost almost the same for a cup of coffee. But if we're thinking straightly in AUD, I would say it's not too expensive. Good price for my cup of coffee :)

No comments:

Post a Comment